New York’s Empire State Development offers a number of financial and tax incentives to companies that create jobs and further economic growth. The Schoharie Grow Team can help navigate the numerous opportunities to find what works best for your business.
Grant, Loan and Tax Credit Programs:
Build Now-NY/Shovel Ready Program
Economic Development Fund
Economic Development Purposes Grants
Economic Transformation Program
Excelsior Jobs Program
Environmental Investment Program
Healthy Food & Healthy Communities Fund
Industrial Effectiveness Program (IEP)
Job Development Authority (JDA) Direct Loan Program
Jobs Retention Program (ESJRP)
Manufacturing Assistance Program (MAP)
Metropolitan Economic Revitalization Fund (MERF)
Micro Lending Program
Minority and Women-owned Business Lending (MWBDL) Program
Minority and Women Revolving Loan Trust Fund Program
Regional Council Capital Fund
Regional Revolving Loan Trust Fund (RRLTF)
Small Business Revolving Loan Fund
Transportation Capital Assistance Program
Urban and Community Development Program (UCDP)
World Trade Center Job Creation & Retention Program (JCRP)
Other Financing and Technical Assistance:
Business Mentor NY
New York State Surety Bond Assistance Program (NYSSBAP)
The Capital Access Program
Export Marketing Assistance Service (EMAS)
Governor’s Office for Motion Picture & Television Development
The Innovate NY Fund
Linked Deposit Program (LDP)
New York Beverage Business (Beer, Spirits & Wine)
New York Empowerment Zone (NYEZ)
New York State Land Bank Program (NYSLBP)
Procurement Assistance Program
Schoharie County’s roots in agriculture run deep, reaching back centuries to a time when it was called the “Breadbasket of the American Revolution.” So as projects like Grow Schoharie County nurture ventures in newer industries, a strong focus remains on the farming legacy here.
Many incentives feed development of added-value products. This lucrative sector has a economic multiplier effect of five to seven, which has a large impact on the entire county.
Opportunities for agri-business include:
- GrowNY Ag & Markets – Funding opportunities.
- Cornell Small Farms Program – Small-farm-focused research and programs.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension, Schoharie and Otsego Counties
- NY FarmNet – Find a solution for any farm business or family concern.
- NY Farm Viability Institute – Grant funding to applied research and outreach education projects that help farms increase profits and provide models for other farms.
- Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education – Offers a competitive grant program to researchers, agriculture educators, farmers and students in the U.S.
- The Carrot Project – Making loans and guarantees available for small- and mid-sized farms.
- Growing New Farmers – A regional initiative to support new farmers.
- USDA Grants – Programs for individual producers and/or local municipalities.
- First Pioneer Farm Credit – 800-562-2235
- Farm Credit – Banking that serves farmers, ranchers and agri-business.